FactsOfIsrael.com covers the basic facts on the State of Israel and the Middle East. This includes , the of the region, , and more. We also post articles related to the of , , , and also a bit of , and .
Fact 323: "Many on the European left support the Palestinians including their homicide/suicide bombings. The same left speaks about its passion for democracy ('power to the people'). Yet it is Israel that is a fully functioning democracy, as opposed to all of its Arab and Muslim enemies. Yasser Arafat is precisely the self-aggrandizing, corrupt dictator-type that the left claims to hold in contempt. The left also claims to have particular concern for women's rights. Yet it is Israel that has as highly developed a feminist movement as that of any Western country. It is Israel that conscripted women into its armed forces before almost any Western country. At the same time, the state of women's rights among Israel's Muslim enemies is perhaps the lowest in the world."
FactsOfIsrael.com is not affiliated with any government, company, or institution. This is simply a personal attempt to give information on Israel and the Middle East. It takes time to manage the site and publish the screensaver and I incur all of the hosting costs. If you are a regular reader, please consider making a or purchasing the . I thank you in advance.
News, Links and Comments
Note: 15 random articles are displayed below. Refresh this page to display another set of random articles.
Ha'aretz (www.haaretzdaily.com) has released polls conducted among the adult Jewish and Arab population of Israel. Here are some interesting numbers:
'Determined Path' is supported by 80% of Jewish Israelis('Determined Path' is the currently Israeli military presence in the West Bank and Gaza, with the purpose of destroying the Palestinian terrorist organizations such as the Islamic Jihad, the Hamas and Arafat's groups, e.g. the Al-Aksa brigages)
In the meantime, the policy of choice is to build a separation fence, even if its route leaves at least a part of the Jewish settlements outside it. This is presumably due to the evaluation that a very small minority on the Palestinian side has reservations about suicide terror, and that such support is virtually unconnected to Israel's day-to-day behavior regarding the Palestinian population in the territories.
I copy the full article below.
Once again, a monument to Nazi victims, has been vandalized in Germany:
A German official on Thursday decried a string of right-wing attacks on memorials to the victims of Nazi-era crimes in the east of the country as the worst in years, after vandals destroyed a brick monument in the town of Leegebruch earlier this week.
A couple of months ago, in September 2002, German Nazis firebombed a Jewish Museum - click here for more details. I copy the full article below.
The Daily News (www.nydailynews.com) reports that a racist Muslim tried to burn down a synagogue in Brooklin, New York:
The Pakistani immigrant said he watched in disbelief as Sead Jakup, 22, took the canister across the street and began dousing the Young Israel of Kings Bay synagogue.
Thanks to LGF for the link - I copy the full article below.
1. This site contains intellectual property owned by FactsOfIsrael.com. Materials from FactsOfIsrael.com may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, and distributed in any way, and you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
2. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of FactsOfIsrael.com copyright and other proprietary rights.
3. This site is controlled and operated by FactsOfIsrael.com from its offices within the State of California, United States of America. Anyone who accesses this site from other locations does so on their own initiative and is responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
4. The content on this site are provided "AS IS" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. FactsOfIsrael.com does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. FactsOfIsrael.com also does not warrant that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
5. Links are provided for reference purposes only. FactsOfIsrael.com has not evaluated the information provided on every site it links to, and their appearance here does not constitute an endorsement of any organization.
The following apply to any interactive discussion areas
6. The content of any interactive areas (e.g., message boards, chat rooms, comment boxes, polls, surveys, etc.) is intended for use only by the visitors and users of FactsOfIsrael.com. All content published in these areas is protected by copyright, and is owned and controlled by FactsOfIsrael.com. Participants shall abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any content accessed through these areas.
7. FactsOfIsrael.com will re-publish interactive content without the expressed permission of the original author. Nothing here is intended to restrict in any way what a user can do with what they have written and posted to these interactive areas. However, users grant to FactsOfIsrael.com the right to transmit, display, copy, reproduce and distribute within the site any content or other information provided by users for display.
8. You may only post content for which you have the copyright or other specific permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or proprietary rights. You acknowledge that any posted materials are in the public domain.
9. Do not post any material or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, or is otherwise in violation of the law or our guidelines.
10. FactsOfIsrael.com does not endorse and is not responsible for any statement, opinion, advice given or made by anyone other than authorized FactsOfIsrael.com representatives. All postings are those of the author, and you rely on such information at your own risk.
11. You cannot use our interactive areas for commercial purposes, nor to distribute or otherwise publish any material containing requests for money, advertising, or solicitations and promotions of goods and services.
12. You alone are responsible for what is posted using your account, your name, or your email address. You may not post anything anonymously or under a pseudonym or a false email address.
13. Your posting may be removed by us at our discretion, for any reason. FactsOfIsrael.com monitors these areas but does not review each post before it is made public. We may enforce the policies above through removal of postings. In instances of willful abuse, FactsOfIsrael.com reserves the right to take whatever action it determines is appropriate, including the termination of access privileges and legal action.
Additional - User Conduct:
FactsOfIsrael.com is pleased to have you visit this Web Site free of charge. However, use of this Web Site is subject to binding legal terms set forth below. By using the service you agree to the terms.
14. It is unlawful to threaten, harass, or abuse other users on the site.
15. It is unlawful to harm minors in any way including encouraging interactions of 16 sexual nature.
17. It is unlawful to infringe on patents, copyrights or trademarks.
18. It is unlawful to impersonate another person or entity to defraud.
19. It is unlawful to compile information of another user with the intention of stalking, victimizing or intimidating.
20. You will never give your password to anyone.
21. You will not provide your billing or credit information unless you wish to make a purchase.
22. You will not use the services to send bulk e-mail for advertising or promotional, other than in the areas that authorize you to do so.
23. FactsOfIsrael.com reserves the right to delete any content that is in violation of these rules of user conduct.
You agree to indemnify FactsOfIsrael.com, affiliates, officers, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, made by any third party due to your use of the site or your breach of these terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
25. Disclaimer of Warranties:
You expressly understand and agree that:
FactsOfIsrael.com makes no warranty on the quality of the site, or any products or services purchased or obtained by you through the site. And that no advice or information written or oral obtained by you from FactsOfIsrael.com creates any warranty not expressly stated in the terms.
26. Limitation on Liability:
You expressly understand and agree that FactsOfIsrael.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from the use or the inability to use the site or any other matter relating to the site.
27. Amendments to These Terms:
These terms may be amended from time to time to better serve you.
28. The terms here and your relationship with FactsOfIsrael.com shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
Yahoo News (www.yahoo.com) reports that Chaim Potok, the great Jewish philosopher and writer, has died at the age of 73.
Chaim Potok, Novelist, Philosopher,
Theologian, Playwright, Artist and Rabbi
February 17, 1929 -July 23, 2002
Chaim Potok, the distinguished author and scholar whose novels portrayed a vivid insider's view of Orthodox Jewish life in the United States, died on Tuesday at his home near Philadelphia, his family said. He was 73. The cause of death was brain cancer, a disease he had been fighting for several years.
"Dawson Speaks" has a great quote from Chaim Potok:
"...But Israel is warmth for Jews everywhere, despite the failures and disappointments felt when dreams are soiled by the muck of reality and the weakness of human beings. What a price we have paid for that land; seven thousand killed in the War of Independence; another thousand killed in the 1956 Sinai Campaign and the 1967 Six-Day War; three thousand killed in the October 1973 War; hundreds killed by terrorist raids. We offer ourselves grim consolation: all the wars have cost us less than three days at Auschwitz.
If you haven't already, please read "The Chosen" and "My Name Is Asher Lev" - these books shook me to my bones when I was a teenager.
I copy the full article from Yahoo news below - click here for more information on Chaim Potok.
IsraPundit has an excellent article on UN resolution 181 that brought into existence the State of Israel. United Nations General Assembly resolution 181 called for the partition of the British-ruled palestine mandate [the 25% that was left of the mandated land, see the History page for details] into a Jewish State and an Arab State.
David Ben-Gurion, Israel's first Prime Minister
Israel's Independence, 1948
Today is the 55th anniversary of the UN vote on resolution 181, which approved the partition of the western part Palestine into a predominately Jewish state and a predominately Arab state. (It is vital to recall that the UN partition plan referred to western Palestine, to underscore that in 1921 the eastern part was ripped off the Jewish National Home by the British Government and handed over to the then Emir Abdullah.)
The resolution was accepted by the Jews in the British mandate of Palestine, yet rejected by the Arabs in the mandate and the Arab states. Thanks to Nicole D. for the excellent tip on posting the details of UN resolution 181 and thanks to IsraPundit for the great research.
For the full text on UN Resolution 181 click here.
The Jerusalem Post (www.jpost.com) reports that a fascist Muslim homicide bomber from the Palestinian "Islamic Resistance" (Hamas) has murdered 15 Israelis whose crime was to be Jewish:
A Palestinian mass murderer
blows himself in a bus,
killing 16 Israelis
Sixteen people were killed and more than 100 were wounded when a Hamas suicide bomber, dressed as an ultra-Orthodox Jew, detonated his explosives belt on a bus in downtown Jerusalem. [...]
The Palestinian groups Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Arafat's Al-Aksa brigades reject peace with Israel - their declared goal is to destroy the Jewish State and commit genocide against her citizens. For a list of homicide bombings executed by these racist Muslim freaks, click here.
One of the Israeli victims
murdered by a Palestinian terrorist
During the Second World War and the Holocaust there was a British policy of stopping Jews from immigrating to the land of Israel (or the “British Mandate of Palestine” as it was referred to at the time, see the history page for more details). In 1939, the British published the “White Paper”, a document that increased immigration restrictions on Jews.
Throughout the struggle against German Nazism, the Zionist leaders did not hesitate to fight alongside Britain, although they never forgot their own private war against the Crown. Ben Gurion, Israel’s first Prime Minister, defined his political stance in one of his most famous pronouncements which became Israel’s motto for many years:
"We will fight the war as if there were no White Paper, and we will fight the White Paper as if there were no war."
I watched Israeli TV today and here's how I interpret what Prime Minister Sharon had to say: “We will fight the Hamas, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Arafat’s Al-Aksa Brigrades, and all other racist Islamic murdering freaks as if there was no peace process. At the same time, we’ll attempt to achieve peace as if there were no Islamic terrorist freaks, since eventually there will be none”.
I copy the full article below.
The Tampa Bay Primer (www.tampabayprimer.org) reports that an Israeli has won the gold medal in windsurfing in the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece:
Gal Friedman from Israel wins
Olympic gold medal in Greece, 2004
Gal Friedman won Israel's first Olympic gold medal ever in the 2004 Olympics Wednesday. Gal Friedman sailed a remarkably consistent regatta in the Mistral windsurfing competition, never finishing worst than eighth in the 11-race series. He placed second in Wednesday's decisive race.
We also learn that Mr. Friedman has dedicated the gold medal to the Israeli athletes who were murdered by Palestinian terrorists in the Olympic games of Munich, Germany, in 1972:
Israel's first Olympic gold medallist dedicated his victory on Wednesday to his 11 countrymen killed in the Munich massacre of 1972, vowing he would visit their memorial to show them his medal.
To learn more on how Palestinian mass murderers lead by the butcher Yasser Arafat massacred eleven Israeli atheletes in Munich, Germany in 1972, click here.
Israel is a small country, with a bit over 5 million citizens, including one million Arabs and Muslims. This is a great achievement for the small Jewish State - congratulations to Gal Friedman!
I copy the full article below.
The National Review Online (www.nationalreview.com) has published an excellent article on how freedom is slowly becoming a reality in Iran:
The people of Iran (inside Iran and outside) want an end to this evil regime. Freedom will prevail. There will be demonstrations. The regime with attack, but the people will fight back. Today, in Los Angeles, several thousand Iranian Americans will stand in solidarity with people of Iran. Tomorrow, Iranian Americans will stand in solidarity with the people of Iran in front of Capitol Hill and will be joined by members of Congress (make sure your member is there) who believe that the people of Iran deserve freedom. [...]
Found this on the excellent AndrewSullivan.com - I copy the full article below. Make sure you also support the "Movement of Iranian students", click here for more details.
The Jerusalem Post (www.jpost.com) reports that the IDF (Israel's Army) has stopped one more Palestinian genocide bomber from killing unarmed civilians, including kids.
IDF reservists prevented a large-scale car bomb attack inside Israel Friday night, after spotting a carrigged with explosives near Kalkilya.
In the last few days dozens of terrorist attacks have been averted by Israel's military presence in the West Bank and Gaza.
I copy the full article below.
US House Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, has given an incredible speech in the Knesset, Israel's parliament, in Jerusalem:
Mr. Speaker, thank you very much for your invitation and for that warm reception. I want to take this opportunity to thank the citizens of Israel for their generous welcome and hospitality to my wife, Christine, and me over the last three days. [...]
Hear that Syria and Arafat?
I copy the full article below - read the whole thing, it's powerful.
The Jerusalem Post (www.jpost.com) reports that Palestinian terrorists have murdered a mother and her four children:
"On Friday my daughters drew me a picture, and on it they wrote: daddy we are proud of you," David Hatuel said at the funeral for his wife Tali, and daughters Hila, 11, Hadar, 9, Roni, 7, Merav, 2. Tali was eight months pregnant.
I coy the full article below.
Since I created FactsOfIsrael.com 6 months ago, I have received my fair share of hate mail. Many of these messages come from the Islamic fascists who call me an "infidel" and send me death threats (just look in the Hate Mail section for more examples).
After a while, it gets pretty boring: it's the same brainwashed-neo-Nazi "kill the Jews" bile that the Imams from Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Gaza spit every week.
Sometimes though, the leftist fascists from Europe will also suprise me. Today I received an email from a German who goes by the name of Kiewitz (firstname.lastname@example.org). This guy managed to squeeze all anti-American and anti-Israeli cliches in one message. Here's an example:
I'm German and I'm not proud of our history. I'm sick of it. But I'm even more sick by people that talk like racists and enjoy other people to die.
Kiewitz, whom I'll refer to from now on as the "leftist fascist", was not happy about a video I published that shows how American forces attacked an Islamic terrorist camp in Afghanistan - click here for that story.
Read this my little leftist fascist: the German Nazis, your people, managed to murder 6 million Jews during World War II and the Holocaust. If you do the math, that's 30,000 Jewish men, women and children PER DAY! On bad days, it would go as high as 50,000-60,000 human beings deliberately killed PER DAY.
The next time you're watching B. München, Bayer Leverkusen, or any other German soccer team, look closely at the people in the stadium. Then, imagine the German Nazis going around the stands shooting at every one of them - all 30,000 in one day, all men, all women, all chidlren.
And you have the audacity to attack me because I support America's war on Islamic terrorism? Let me tell you what I think of your friends from Al-Qaeda, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and any other Islamic terrorists that, similarly to your Nazi ancestors, deliberately murder women and children.
The only value they'll have is when they become fertilizer and are buried underground.
If you'd like to send a message to the German leftist fascist to let him know what you think, his email address is email@example.com.
I'm not finished, see below for the fascist's full message and the rest of my rant.
The Middle East Media Research Institute (www.memri.org) translates articles from the Arab Muslim world. In its latest article, Memri.org has translated an article from the spokesman of Hamas, the Palestinian Islamic terrorist group responsible for the deliberate murder of hundreds of women and children:
An article titled "Iraq Will Triumph, by Allah's Will" by Hamas spokesman Dr. Abd Al-Aziz Al-Rantisi, was posted on the Hamas movement's website. In the article, Al-Rantisi called on Iraq to establish a suicide army that would accept all Jihad warriors, so as to halt the impending attack on the country. The following are excerpts from the article: [...]
For a full list of homicide bombings executed by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hamas since Arafat rejected peace in October 2000, click here.
There's a lot more crazy-fanatic-intolerant-racist Islamic nonsense in the article - I copy the rest below.
The National Review Online (www.nationalreview.com) has a good article on how certain Muslims adore death and war:
How can we account for this almost two years of suicide terrorism which has taken four Israeli lives for every Arab bomber? Assuming that each of these terrorists has been a willing accessory, this kind of suicide must come out of a cultural pattern centered on a cult of death worship. And it may be interpretation by Muslim clerics of the Koran that is responsible for this wave of Arab suicides and other acts of terrorism. For example, the Imam Abdel-Samie Mahmoud Ibrahim Moussa, in his Friday, June 6, sermon at the Grand Mosque of Rome, asked for "Allah's help in the destruction of the homes and destruction of the enemies of Islam, for their annihilation, and the victory everywhere of the Nation of Islam." According to the Deutsche Press news agency, the Grand Mosque of Rome is Europe's largest Islamic culture center and gets financial backing, naturally, from Saudi Arabia. The 32-year-old Imam was removed June 13 from his post, not by Egypt's al Azhar University that appointed him in the first place, but by Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's government. [...]
Found this on the excellent LGF. I copy the full article below - read it, there are many examples of this love for death and war against the "infidels".
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains some copyrighted materials the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.