FactsOfIsrael.com News, Comments and Links
FBI releases 10 reasons why LA's murder of unarmed civilians is not terrorism
The FBI and many others continue to deny the fact that yesterday's shooting at Los Angeles airport was a terrorist attack.
As mentioned yesterday, the murderer, Mohamed Hadayet, a Muslim immigrant from Egypt, deliberately aimed, shot and killed two unarmed civilians. He specifically looked to kill Jews and Israelis, so whether he's part of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, or any other organized terrorist group is irrelevant. The deliberate killing of unarmed civilians is terrorism.
Stefan Sharkansky (Shark Blog), being helpful as always, has found the real explanation for yesterday's murder of a 20 year-old El Al clerk and a 46 year-old Israeli who just happened to be at the airport at the wrong time.
The man who shot to death two people at the LAX El Al counter has now been identified as an Egyptian national. Oddly, the FBI still maintains that there is no indication that this was an act of terrorism.
I copy the 10 reasons below.
10. Love triangle.
9. Drug deal gone bad.
8. He was just cleaning his gun and it went off by mistake
7. He was upset because he was having a bad hair day.
6. Mental illness (perhaps in his own mind the gunman imagined he was committing terrorism, even though he wasn't committing terrorism in fact).
5. The guy meant to shoot up a different airline
4. He did it to impress Jodie Foster
3. He was frustrated with El Al's customer service
2. He misfired. He actually meant to shoot his gun into the air in celebration of the 4th of July, just as many Arabs like to shoot into the air to celebrate weddings, birthdays, suicide bombings and other festivities. It would be pure racism for the FBI to misjudge this man's culture and accuse him of terrorism just because he had lousy aim.
And the number one Explanation for the Shooting, Other Than Terrorism®
1. Even though he really intended to shoot and kill Israelis and other Jews, it wasn't terrorism, it was a martyrdom operation, caused by Israeli occupation of West Jerusalem.
Link to this page | Email this entry | digg this
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains some copyrighted materials the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.